Tuesday 8 March 2011

THE BIRTH OF BREWACXION

BrewAcxioN was born from the word “Brew” (like duh) and “action”. I wanted it to beBrewAction in the initial stage, pronouced as Brew-wac-tion, so why a stupid Acxion? I started a competitive Counter-Strike team back in my poly days, named it “Team ReacXioN”, in short, Team RXN, and so I thought it will be quite cool to continue this tradition or something.

I was at Clementi MRT Station on this fateful day and I met my BMT buddy Shaowei. Long story short, I decided to take MRT instead of bus that day because I just felt like doing so, and Shaowei happened to take MRT as well because he got his bike crashed. He is currently an Outlet Manager for BATA, and so, with a little bit of spare time on my hands, I went to lim kopi with him at City Hall.

Great to hear that he is doing really well right now, with $3,000+ monthly after CPF contributions and employees’ wages. The best part is BATA is currently looking out for more Oulet Managers still. I’ve decided to give it a shot, this was when “Home Brewing” jumped upon me.

~

I went to The Pump Room on one of my client visits the next day, and I was wondering, “What is this fragrance that filled a bar on such a sunny afternoon?” I looked around and I saw a microbrewery, an Ang Moh, and a Burmese (which I later on found out because I can only tell that he is brown). My manager decided to use their laptop to do some urgent matters after meeting up with Chef Eddie. So with this short little free time of mine, I approached them, and asked this question which eventually changed my life from a living dead, to the happy and excited boy I am now. The 1 million dollar question was, “Hey dude, sorry to interrupt you man, but is it possible if I were to brew my own beer at home?”


His answer was… “Yeah dude, that’s how I started.”


“I came from the States.”  Well… This is not really important tho.


It struck me like a baseball bat swinging full-fucking-force from an international star striker. I can feel my heart floating and my blood speeding through my veins. I WILL FUCKING DO THIS MAN. This is like the coolest shit that ever happened to me ever since I met my girlfriend (she is still as cool don’t get me wrong). He gave me a few websites to start off with, and here I am, with a home brewing kit in my room...

I started brewing my own beer.

I will talk about how I met Neo Say Wee, Brewerks’ brewer, in my next post. For now I gotta run.
Ciaos dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment