Saturday 12 March 2011

Dedicated to my wonderful and beautiful girlfriend, Casilin.

If you're curious about what happened to the brewing, the bubbling action of the air locker slowed down dramatically over the past 2 days, and it has completely ceased as I'm typing this post on day 6.


~~~


"I love you more than anything else in this world, Casilin."


You must have heard this more than a thousand times in your life, or maybe a million times if you're old.


"Behind every successful man, is a woman."

Not literally behind me as shown in the photo of course, not that I'm successful yet anyway.


It's not only in English, apparently there is the China version, there is the Indian version, Spanish version and tons of different versions of it. The phrase made sooooo much sense that it is recognized by every loving husbands, and egoistic wives who tell themselves that every day. (China seems to have a twist to it, with 95% of corrupted officials keeping mistresses... Let's not come to that.)


There's this period of time when I was really down to the very bottoms. I was in a huge debt, borrowed money from every possible directions, surviving on home-cooked meals, getting yelled at by my parents for being jobless. I have problems even with bus fares.  I lost all fucking inspirations, I threw away all the crazy dreams I had, I became a living dead with no specific goals and nothing to look forward to anymore. 
It was the darkest period of my life.


She called me up one fateful night and everything changed. When I think back now, she must have planned out every single details so carefully, that every word of the conversation whacked me hard right on the head of the nail. She chose to use a playful tone, and slowly reminds me of how I used to be so excited about everything, how I used to spend hours telling her my each step to starting my own business and expanding them, the forever over-confidence in myself saying that I can do it on the next try even after I've failed 10,000 times. She reminded me of who I was, who am I going to be. She reminded me of who I am.


There she is.

All I can do right now is not to disappoint her again anymore. We already have a few business ideas brewing in the process. She even invested in my new home brewing hobby hahaha. She has a very business crafted mind but chose to spend her time reading recipes (which I seriously suspect she's only looking at the fucking photos because she hasn't cook anything for me yet). Inherited from her businessman father I guess. Casilin, thank you for everything you've done for me, all the time you've put up with my ridiculous temper and demands, the tender love and care you've showered me when I was in my darkest period, the confidence you have in me no matter how much I may disappoint everybody. You gave me the feeling of love at its purest, and a belonging where I can return to. 

I love you, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, 
and in joy as well as in sorrow. 
I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals,
to honour and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, 
and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
 I love you Casilin.

4 comments:

  1. Bebe you made me tear when I read this. I don't mind doing anything for you, it's worth my every effort seeing you smile. And I really think there's some sort of telepathy between you and me. Like how I know you wrote something about me. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i faced this situation wif u as well. having prob even wif bus fare. fuck tat life! now i having a great life and more better life to come. tell urself this whenever something u felt is obstacles occured: "this is not difficult to overcome at all!" and u shall find a way to solve it. believe in urself more than anyone else! i always tell myself this when i do my trading becoz i does lost few hundreds bucks and reason of being "FOLLOWER" instead of "Believer". get wad i mean?

    i duno how to put my name... xiong here. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet. i love u too

    ReplyDelete