Monday 14 March 2011

DAY HAS COME

FINALLY, after much anticipation... The brewing has now entered the final stage... Bottling!

A box of freshly bottled home brewed lager.

"The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer."

How have I waited for this day to come. So just for a little bit of recording:
1) With rubber band - Original carbon drops
2) Dot on the cap (as seen in the photo) - Sugar cane sugar
3) Naked - Honey Sugar

You may be confused, why are there 3 different types of sugar? What the fuck? This provides the carbonation of the beer. Beer does not carbonate during your 1 week fermentation in the fermenter. 

During the bottling stage, you transfer the fermented beer from the fermenter and add a little bit of sugar into the bottle. Seal it up, and wait for the sugar to do the magic. This method is never recommended because the amount of sugar added into each bottle may differ slightly, it is best to throw the whole damn sugar into the batch of beer you fermented for a week.

Sugar magic?

In order to get Carbon Dioxide (carbonate) into a drink, either you pump Carbon Dioxide into a closed system (a keg), or use yeast and priming sugar to create Carbon Dioxide pressure, which is what I did. After my 1 week fermentation, there's still yeast suspended in the brew. The process of the yeast eating up the sugar gives birth to 2 things... First is the carbonate, second, the alcohol. This is scientifically called Fermentation by the way. So all I have to do now is to wait for my beer to ferment, at least for a month from now. Below is a little present from me while I was driving my girlfriend home just now. Til then folks! :)

Wondering what it is? It's my noseshit sitting on my dashboard.

2 comments:

  1. NO. the naked ones are honey sugar. the ones with rubber band are the normal sugar. NOOB BEEK

    ReplyDelete